Yesterday was Australia day, and boy was it hot! I felt tortured all day by the bloody plint on my nose itching like hell with all the sweat.
I attempted to make a pavlova - it was all looking good, till I cooked it! DISASTER, it wound up like a big chewy pancake, gross :(
We went to Nic's place for lunch, she had put on a fabulous feast, our mutual friends Chris and Lila (and bub on board) came along, it was lovely to catch up. Austin and Marcus have decided that they are best buddies, they are a good match for each other, they both like the same things and have a similar level of energy and boisterousness. The kids crashed as soon as we got home.
I spent the day marveling at how well I was feeling, and being so happy that I had turned a corner in my recovery!
Then I woke up this morning.... I am in agony again. My left nostril, which, until now, had been feeling the better of the two, is now throbbing, and so so so tender to touch :( :( I honestly can't see the end of the tunnel anymore. I just want to be able to function to some level of normal, I want to be able to blow my nose!
Just after writing that, about 13 hours ago now, I had the most intense pain that sent me to tears and back to bed. My nose swelled up so much and everything got very tender. I had to call my poor dear Ben home from work. Eventually I tried to get in contact with my surgeon, they told me that if I was worried I should go to A&E, which I did. A few hours later, a ENT registrar came to look at me and decided that I probably have an infection where the sutures are - loaded me up with some antibiotics and sent me home (man I HATE the POW A&E!)
The pain, swelling and tenderness are still intense, hoping the Abs do their trick overnight. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow - he had better at least take this damned splint off my nose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment