Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Austy's last day as a free man!

I CANNOT believe that my baby boy is going to be at school tomorrow!!! I am so anxious/excited/petrified/proud/etc. Every time I think about it I get butterflies in my tummy. I have just put his uniform onto it's own shelf, his bag is all but packed, with just some lunch to go in there tomorrow, I think I am probably in a worse state than he is!

Today he got to choose his day, he decided that he wanted to go swimming... "but to the pool, not the beach, cause the beach has sharks in it" So we went off to Ian Thorpe Aquatic Center, and there we swam, lunched and swam a bit more for about 2.5 hours! Once we were done, we popped over to the shops to get some stuff to go into the lunchbox. His specific request was "those biscuits with the cheese"

By the time we got home, the car was saying 44 degrees :o the a/c went on as soon as we walked in the door, it has been struggling to keep the temp down ever since! I did a little bit of cooking while the kids watched movies on the mac. A perfect day all round! (well, except for the 40+ degree heat!)

1 comment:

Nic said...

Good luck Austin! And good luck Kate, don't think tears will be good for the nose...hard to blow it!