Monday, February 7, 2011

The end of the heat wave...


Sunday 6th Feb, the 7th straight day of above 35 degree temps, and the morning after the record breaking night where it was still 32.2 degrees at midnight! We were all tired, crabby and bloody sick of being hot! So we packed up the new kayak, the kids (including our god-daughter, Sian) and headed to Camp Cove, on Sydney Harbour. It was complete BLISS! I mean, it was still hot, but the water was so cool, and clear. We all had so much fun splashing on the beach, and paddling around the harbour. By midday we were beginning to feel the heat, so we took off to drop Sian home. By the time we got back to our place, the promised southerly arrived, and boy did it arrive! I watched the temp in our car drop about 5 degrees in 10 mins, and by early evening, it was too cold to be outside!

This morning we woke to a blissful 18 degrees :) I think the whole of Sydney is feeling a little renewed by it all too.

No comments: